Microblading is the art of creating the most natural looking hair strokes. It provides the common benefits and advantages of typical traditional permanent makeup and cosmetic tattooing. Microblading is an almost painless procedure, taking about 3 hours including paperwork, measure and design, anesthetics and procedure. There’s usually very little or no bleeding, no downtime, with minimal swelling so clients can resume almost all normal activities immediately. Healing takes about 10 days to 2 weeks and if the aftercare instructions are followed carefully the results should be excellent. One touchup is included in the price.
Before Your Microblading San Diego Appointment
- Avoid plucking or waxing the brows because the technician will be creating a new brow shape based on measurements they’ll make before starting the procedure.
- Avoid using exfoliators starting 72 hours before the application eg any skincare products containing glycolic acid, Retin A, Renova, or alpha hydroxy acids. – they might inflame the skin.
- Avoid taking medications such as blood thinners.
- Pregnant, nursing, and diabetic clients should avoid the procedure unless approved by their doctor.
Communicate With Your Technician
Your brow shape will be decided on by the your technician with input by the client. The brows are measured based on shape of the face and bone structure so you get the best results. Good communication between the client and technician is extremely important.
Microblading San Diego Aftercare
- However, avoid using skin care products and makeup on the area for a minimum of ten days following the application.
- Picking, peeling and scratching of the area should be avoided at all costs.
- Apply the post-care cream with a cotton swab,” says Shuki.
- Avoid Tanning, direct sunlight, swimming, increased sweating, and exercising for at least 10 days following the procedure.
- After healing applying a layer of SPF 30-50 sunscreen on your brows before sun exposure to prevent fading.
Don’t Be Unrealistic About the Microblading San Diego Results
It might take a few appointments before you have your ideal brows. Microblading is a two-step process and it is not permanent, and you shouldn’t expect to see full results after only one treatment. The strokes are darker and sharper initially, but will soften and migrate into the skin over time. Different skin types also factor into results. Excessively oily skin, larger pores, thicker skin and eyebrow keratosis can affect the absorption of the pigment.”